Cascador is a transformative program for mid-stage entrepreneurs in Africa who are scaling mission-driven companies.
Launched in 2019, Cascador has elevated three successful cohorts of African entrepreneurs and their companies through a unique blend of education, self-discovery, mentoring, pitch training, and personalized advisory support.
The Cascador program is an intensive, in-depth examination of your leadership skills, business model, and value proposition by veteran faculty. The program includes six months of mentorship post-program to ensure our fellows can apply what they learn in the real world.
- Cascador Alumni have become fellows at Y Combinator, Techstars and Harambe.
- Our 33 alumni have raised over $12M USD in capital in the past 2 years.
- Alumni have powered 3x average year-over-year revenue growth after the program.
- 90% of our alumni gave Cascador a satisfaction rating of 10 (the highest possible rating on a scale of 1-10).
- Cascador has selectively invested a total of $250,000 in fellow companies.
2022 Dates: October 31 – November 4, 2022
Venue: Lagos Business School (housing and meals are provided)
Cohort Size: Limited to 10 entrepreneurs
Application Requirements: One year in business, >$50K USD annual revenue or >$250K USD capital raised
What can you expect in the Application Process?
Our application process is unique.
We are not only focused on the strength of your business model and your fundamentals, we are also interested in getting to know you as a person and assessing your leadership potential and willingness to receive input. You will complete an application form that shares basic information about yourself, your company, and your growth stage.
Personal development is the foundation of professional growth. Our application process includes self-discovery and an exploration of your personality and strengths. We also collect and analyze your business history, value proposition, financials and future plan prior to the program. During a one-on-one video call, our faculty will work with you to identify what support and resources you need to take your company to the next level.
This process not only helps us select the right cohort of entrepreneurs, but also prepares you to make the most of your Cascador experience!
Our goal is that you leave the Cascador program as a STRONG, TRANSFORMATIVE LEADER with a strategic plan to scale, and the connections, resources, and capital required to execute your plan.
What can you Expect during the Program?
Our pre-program preparation involves orientation to Cascador as well as a review of your value proposition and submitted business documentation. We also engage in self-discovery, including an exploration of your personality type, strengths and weaknesses, and coaching on how to work best with people of other styles. We practice these interpersonal skills during Cascador with the faculty and your peers. Lastly, you will have a kick-off meeting with your personal mentor to map out how to get the most out of the program.
Power Week Intensive
- Day 1: Increase self-awareness, improve leadership skills and learn how to build and manage a high-performing team
- Day 2: Sharpen your value proposition and brand positioning, clearly defining your customers, the problem you are solving, and the marketplace opportunity
- Day 3: Review your equity and/or debt fundraising plans, and meet personally with lenders and investors
- Day 4: Enhance your scale-up strategy and corporate governance
- Day 5: Practice your pitch to an expert panel for feedback
Post-Program Mentoring & Support
Each participant will have monthly mentor calls for six months to support the implementation of new business plans and leadership skills.
Our goal is that you leave the Cascador program as a strong, transformative leader with a strategic plan to scale, and the connections, resources, and capital required to execute your plan.
MEET OUR ALUMNI